Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Read the Labels...

We all do it...we get medicine from the pharmacy and "read the labels" but that is about it...don't pay much attention other than the fact that you "read the label" and continued on with your life.

Well, this morning, I earned worst mom of the day! Anna Lauren has been quite a challenge to give medicine to the past couple of days so when she agreed to take her medicine this morning, I gave it to her. However, she did not want anything to eat (the label clearly says take with food), which I didn't think was that big of a deal since she would be eating at school within the next hour or so. And to Matt's defense, he did say...are you sure we should give her this without eating?

I dropped Anna Lauren off at school at 7:30 and by 7:45 I had a phone call..."Mandi, this is just a warning...Anna Lauren has thrown up and if she throws up again you'll have to come get her." They assured me that after she threw up she was just fine so it was probably just the medicine. I called about an hour later, and they said she was just fine.

I failed to mention, that when Matt got her out of the bed this morning, she had thrown up...she has a terrible cough so my guess is that she got to coughing and made herself throw up. Now...did I mention I have a great sleeper? I had no clue she had thrown up and yes, the monitor was on...I promise!

Needless to say, I've felt like the worst mother all day...but this shall pass as we start another day. With each day are new adventures, right? I cannot be the "best" all the time!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Christy said...

Well, Rileigh threw up in the bed one night when she was coughing and I didn't know she had thrown up. BUT she did start crying, but at the time we were trying to teach her to soothe herself back to sleep so we let her cry for about 5 minutes and then she went back to sleep. Well, the next morning I opened her door to the putrid smell of her throw up. I felt terrible!!! I let my poor baby sleep in it all night and it was even matted in her hair!! So at least you were a better mother than that!!

Thornton Thoughts said...

James also threw up one night and slept on right through it. In his new big boy bed. And I never knew it. As I changed his diaper the next morning I also picked little pieces of food off his face. Not fun for a queasy mom. Just wanted you to know you are not alone! Love - Aunt Kate