Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Meeting the "New" Little Ones...

You know the story...Matt's sister Kate had James March 10th, I had Anna Lauren March 20th, and Matt's sister Kelly had Spencer April 5th. Those precious children are all two years old now and Matt's sisters have since had baby number two ~ Kelly had Madeline May 15th and Kate had Mary Martin this past Thursday. Therefore, we felt the need to head to Atlanta, which is where both of his sisters live, so that we could meet these "new" little darlings!

We actually left on Thursday and spent Thursday night in Meridian with our dear friends ~ John, Kristi, John David, and Holt Voss. We had so much fun visiting with them and of course reminded ourselves of just how much we miss them. For some reason, I did not get my camera out, but Anna Lauren had a blast playing with John David and Holt...she even wore Holt's clothes, which she loved! And I was as happy as I could be because I got to run 11 miles with Kristi on Friday morning...I would not be running today if it had not been for her 4 years ago who asked me to join her for a run and my husband told me I had lost my mind...and look at me now! For those of you that do not know Kristi Voss, she is nothing but a machine and from time to time, she will come down to my level!

Then Friday we headed to Atlanta. For some reason, I did not take many pictures of the kids, and I don't have one of all three or should we say five of them together. They are just kind of "everywhere" so it is hard to get them together, but I do have at least one of each of them.

Our first stop in Atlanta was the hospital to see Mary Martin, who had arrived the day before. This is Matt's mom (MeMe) and Mary Martin...
After our visit at the hospital, we headed to Michael, Kelly, Spencer, and Madeline's house, which is where we stayed while we were there. This is Anna Lauren and Spencer taking a bath our first night there...

Saturday morning we attempted to go swimming but that did not go over so well considering it was 60 degrees...I think the high Saturday was 80. The weather was fabulous! However, Anna Lauren decided she liked the "baby" float while we were there for a short period of time.

Saturday afternoon, we went to Jim, Kate, James, and Mary Martin's house to take them dinner and of course get another sneak peak of Mary Martin.

Uncle Matt got a little "snuggle" time with Spencer and Madeline Sunday morning...you see his daughter is no where around...she does not know what "snuggle" or should we say "sit still" time means.

This is not the best picture of Anna Lauren but please notice her "boy" pajamas...she was determined to wear Spencer's pajamas and diaper every night. I'm telling you, she is one of a kind!

Sunday we got to attend Madeline's baptism, which was a special treat. We are so far away that we seldom can work it out to be at such special events.
Michael, Kelly, Spencer, and Madeline...

Madeline did great during the baptism but enough is enough...she was done for the day!

Sunday afternoon we spent some time with James...we took him and Anna Lauren to the park so that they could play some before we had to come back home. It was funny...they both had a great time but did their own thing...I expected them to play together, but o'well...at least they were in the same area together rather than miles and miles apart!

No comments: