Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Something of Interest...

So we finally think we may have found something of interest to Anna Lauren. When I would pick her up from school, she would ask to watch Barney on the way home, and I would explain to her that she watches Barney at school...unfortunately, we do not have a Barney movie. Well, when we returned from Atlanta last week, her Nanny (Nanna) took her to Wal-Mart and bought her two Barney movies...she was thrilled! However, these movies have been used as part of our potty training. If she poops in her panties, the Barney movies go into the closet until she poops in the potty like a big girl. So the movies go back and forth, but it seems to be working...yea!

The beauty of the whole thing is that she sat in the chair and watched Barney for 20 minutes this morning...20 minutes! I know this does not seem like long, but to the parents of a "wide open" child this is like two hours to us...I was able to put my make-up on and dry my hair all while she sat in the living room and watched Barney. And when she did get up it was to come in the bathroom and tell me she needed to poop in the potty!

Wow...what a dream come true and a fabulous morning...we get excited over the "little" things at our house! So...thanks to this guy...let's hope she will continue to stay interested...

1 comment:

Christie said...

That is great! Raylin loves Barney too! It is the only thing that we can get her to watch! Don't get me wrong, I'm glad she doesn't like TV, but every once in a while, it would be nice for her to watch something. And we finally found something - Barney! I will remember this when I am trying to potty train her. We are definitely not there yet!