Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Anna Lauren's 6th Birthday...

I'm just going to be honest...I LOVE birthdays and always try to go above and beyond to make them "fun and special" for Matt, Anna Lauren, and Cooper.  I did all the "usual" birthday things for Anna Lauren but this momma is tired...marathon weekend has for sure caught up with me.

However, we celebrated "6" today and hopefully made it a fun-filled, special day for our Anna Lauren!


Anna Lauren woke up to a room full of balloons...I had done this once before so she actually requested that there be balloons for her on her birthday.  So of course, I was blowing them up at 10:30 PM last night!


Donuts, Anna Lauren's pig in a blanket (her favorite), and presents before school...


Listening to us sing Happy Birthday to her...




Of course, he had to have a turn blowing out the candles...


Just a little excited...Matt and I got her a Google Nexus Tablet...she had asked for an "adult" tablet.  In case you don't know, Kindles are for babies...she is something I tell you!




Cooper gave her the case for her new Nexus...


During Spring Break we were in Party City and she had to have this tutu to wear on her birthday...then we got a shirt and an iron on six...she was so proud of her outfit!


Our big "6" year old ready for school...


If you notice, she is in a cheer pose in almost every picture I take of her...


Matt and I had birthday lunch with her at school...she got to pick one friend to join us for lunch.  I was not surprised...she picked McCarley. 


Just a little excited Daddy and Mommy were at lunch...




This afternoon, she enjoyed cookie cake with her class...if you cannot tell, zebra and pink were the theme of the day.


Nanna surprised all of us and showed up just in time for birthday dinner!  Anna Lauren enjoyed Hibachi in Atlanta so much last weekend that she wanted to have Hibachi again tonight.


She is "fake" sleeping, but I will say she was asleep within minutes...turning 6 was exhausting!

Her actual party is Friday night...she has invited five friends to spend the night with her in a hotel.  Should be fun times for sure!  And come Saturday morning I'm sure I really will be tired...I just think I'm tired now.

No comments: