Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break Vacation ~ Day 3...

The original plan was to spend Saturday morning with Matt's parents and let all the cousins play.  However, that plan quickly changed when our brother-in-law was admitted to the hospital Friday night for what they believe was a mini stroke.  Still seeing doctors and trying to get "answers" on exactly what happened that night.  Scary for sure and praying he is going to be ok. 

So...Saturday morning we actually just hung out at Kate's house, had lunch, and then headed downtown Atlanta for our night in the hotel before "marathon" day.


We got all checked in at the hotel and were headed out to venture around the city and get my race packet.  Poor Cooper...he NEEDS some boy sunglasses because he ALWAYS wants his sisters!  And yes, he strolled around Atlanta in these sunglasses.

Anna Lauren wanted to do a "silly" face...

As we were walking around, Matt pointed at Anna Lauren and said, "really...who is that diva?".  She had her new zebra purse she bought with her own money and her shades and water bottle she got at justice instead of something from Legoland.  I really do not know where she comes from...so not my personality!
Family pictures in front of the CNN center...

Once my friend, Kelley, got to Atlanta, we met her at the race expo.  I must say, it was pretty cool to check in at the "marathon" table rather than the "half marathon" table...something I NEVER thought I would do.



Kelley called my kids photo bombers...every time we tried to take a picture, one of them jumped in...too funny!

Let me just say, I would NEVER have done a marathon without this girl...such an incredible training partner.  So thankful for her!

When we left the expo, Matt couldn't find his sunglasses so he wore some of the free ones they were giving away...I thought he looked funny...he didn't care!



The hotel suggested 3 or 4 places within walking distance for dinner...they all had at least an hour wait.  We said forget it and got takout...the "picnic" in the hotel room ended up being great fun!  I mean not what I thought my pre-race meal would be...but hey, it worked and everyone was happy!

No comments: