Monday, March 18, 2013

Spring Break Vacation ~ Day 4...


Day 4...the whole reason we went to Atlanta...RACE DAY! 


First time my name has been on my bib...the little things that excite me!


Two of my favorite cheerleaders...

For sure my FAVORITE cheerleader...and let me just say, the whole family made sacrifices in order for me to do this race.  So thankful for each of them and especially their support, encouragement, and excitement.

Kelley and I waiting to start...

And we're off!  Got to love Kelley's tutu...her favorite part is dressing up for the races.  And let me just say, she got lots of shout outs for her cute outfit...no one said they liked my new shirt!


Matt and the kids rode the MARTA and saw us between mile 5 and 6...

Kelley is always so sweet and waits for me while I hug and kiss my little cheerleaders...

Waiting on Mommy and Ms. Kelley around mile 13...Daddy blew up their bam bam sticks they got at the expo...

A few more cheerleaders around mile 13...Spencer, James, Kate, Anna Lauren, MeMe, and Cooper...

Excited to see my cheerleaders...ALWAYS brings a smile to my face!




And we're off...want see our cheerleaders again until the finish line...

Finishing with smiles on our faces...what an amazing experience!  And YES, I will do another one...I LOVED it!

My favorite part of the race...my sweet little Anna Lauren finished with me!  Cooper was asleep in the stroller...in case you don't know, it is just as hard to be a spectator.


Sweet Ms. Kelley gave Anna Lauren a tutu to wear too...she loved it!

Anna Lauren was all smiles...they gave her a medal too!


We did it...many hours of training, early mornings, and discipline...BUT...so worth it in the end!


Me and my little man who only wanted the chocolate milk...who cares that Mommy just ran a marathon.





When we got back to the hotel, Matt gave me a 26.2 magnet for my car.  We proudly put it on before the drive home!

No comments: