Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kindergarten Beach Day...

Friday we celebrated the end of kindergarten with "Beach Day" at Highland Bluff Elementary.  This year I had my first experience at being room mom, and I must say, I enjoyed getting to help Anna Lauren's teachers and be involved in all the "special" activities throughout the year.  My original thought for beach day was to fix each child their lunch in a sand bucket, but after the teacher and I talked, we decided a candy bar instead because the kids wanted pizza for lunch (surprise).


Our "rolling" candy bar...


Since it was beach day, I couldn't resist the sand...


I think it turned out so cute and the kids seemed to really like coming through the line and filling their bags with candy! 
  

I forgot to take a picture of all the bags once they were done, but they filled a brown bag with candy and we stapled them with cute tent cards...from beach balls to palm trees...the tent cards were all different.


One mom went all out on the "beach" dessert...



You've read about "Daniel" before...I'm telling you, every time I looked up Friday he was beside Anna Lauren.  Whew...glad we three days away from summer.  Maybe he'll forget about her this summer!


And the best part of the day...the inflatable water slides!


This is the "it's cold" face...the water was freezing, but they still had so much fun!


As you can see, McCarley was not having her picture made Friday...


One of her many faces...


For some reason, her eyes were shut in all her sliding pictures...


Popsicle time!


Of course Daniel found the mud!  Will hold onto this one for his senior year of high school!


And we ended the day with a fun happy from Anna Lauren's teachers...

No comments: