Sunday, September 7, 2014

9.11 Memorial Half Marathon...

This morning my friend, Michelle, and I ran the 9.11 Memorial Half Marathon.  We were very thankful for a cool breeze and an overcast sky because we were prepared for an extremely hot race...September is not the "ideal" time to race.


Around the 1/2 mile point, I spotted my favorite cheerleaders...


There were firemen, police officers, and military all in their gear...so...there were lots of these guys on the course.  And I'll admit...watching them start the race a few minutes before us for sure brought a few tears to my eyes.


My "cheerleaders" saw us every couple of miles and from time to time, Anna Lauren and Cooper would run a little bit with us.


Love this picture of Cooper's feet in the air...he is so fast!  And obviously, Anna Lauren should have had on her tennis shoes.






I'll hold this little man's hand any day and run...


Someone gave them one of their signs...





Big smile as I think I'm headed to the finish line...little did I know, we had another 1/2 mile to run...ugh!  (Brittany, tell Troy he made the blog, and I'm thankful for his help with the race)


Almost to the finish line with a good running buddy and two of my favorite cheerleaders!




By far, the slowest half marathon I've ever run...BUT...we had one goal today...FINISH!  Despite the race being 13.7 rather than 13.1 (yes, that makes a difference...ha ha), it was a good time, and I would for sure do it again next year!






The kids thought the "post" race was the best...we didn't know there would be water slides so they didn't have their swimsuits. However, that didn't stop them...they had the BEST time in their clothes!




Took her several tries, but she finally made it to the top!


You know it's a good time when you have to pull them away...think they would have played all afternoon but Anna Lauren had cheer so we had to leave for quick lunch and off to cheer.  I just love a morning of running and having my family there with me...so thankful they support my running and are willing to cheer me on at races.  I for sure couldn't do it without them!

No comments: