Saturday, September 5, 2015

12 Years...

Last Sunday, Matt and I celebrated our 12th anniversary, and we actually got the kids favorite babysitter, Kat, and enjoyed a couple hours of "us" time.  While Sam was here, we ran across the causeway and back at sunset...it was so much fun, and I couldn't wait to do it with Matt.  So...I asked Matt if we could go on a run date for our anniversary.  After looking at me funny, he said sure...get a babysitter!


Call me crazy if you want, but I LOVE a good run and especially with this man!  To think he use to HATE running and now he will join me for at least a 4 mile run!


This was our view going across the causeway...



On the way back, Matt spotted this alligator...


And this was our view coming back across the causeway...such a peaceful run full of adult conversation with no interruptions, no phone calls, no texting...just me and Matt.  Wouldn't trade that time for anything in the world!  And then...we ended our night with dinner on the patio at McAlister's.  The perfect anniversary date if you ask me, and I'm so thankful I get to do "life" with this special guy!

No comments: