Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Cruise to Nowhere...

A while back our best friends, Jeremy and Christy, asked us if we wanted to go with them on a "Cruise to Nowhere" out of New Orleans.  Of course we wanted to go, but we decided we didn't need to spend the money so close to Christmas time.  Little did I know Matt was looking at the cruise every day...when it got to $99 a person, he gave me the "look" and said, can we go?  So...the week before the cruise I agreed to go (big deal for me..I don't typically do last minute).  


Two weekends ago we boarded the Norwegian Dawn for the weekend...we got on the ship Friday and off on Sunday.  And literally...it was a cruise to nowhere...we just sailed out and back.


At $99 a person, we were guaranteed an inside room.  Surprisingly, we got a room with two little windows...obstructed view but still a view...ha ha!


You would have thought we were cruising for 7 days...we were all so excited just to getaway for the weekend!







We all agreed to do our own thing Saturday morning/sleep in...and wow...cannot tell you the last time I stayed in bed until 11 AM...it was FABULOUS!


We met up at noon for lunch...


These two...sometimes you wonder if you are with your husband or your teenage son.



I'm all smiles at the beginning of lunch...this however, went downhill quickly.  This was by far the ROUGHEST day at sea we have EVER experienced in all our cruising.  Even with the patch, I got sick.  I bailed half way through lunch and spent the rest of the day in bed.  I for sure got my wish...I rested ALOT!



Matt spent the afternoon with these fun friends, and I hear they had a pretty intense game of Monopoly.



This picture is just kind of us...Matt aggravating me and me giving him the look.  I was determined to enjoy this night...so...I got up and showered/dressed with high expectations of a fun night!


Feeling pretty good and excited to be out of the bed...








These are the kinds of things that happen when your husbands are nerds...I mean IT guys.


These two...always up to something silly!



Half way through the show, the boat is still just a rocking, and I'm going downhill fast.  I was so sad!


But...I'm still determined to make it to dinner...




At this point I am not feeling great, and Matt is making fun of me...he was like, lean on this cold marble, Mandi.  Unfortunately, I only made it half way through dinner, but I cannot say I didn't try.  




Then there is this lady who totally photo bombed a picture of Jeremy and Christy, and we all laughed so hard.  She was like...delete that, delete that!!!




After we got off the boat we enjoyed beignets at Rivewalk before heading back home to reality.



And who says you have to act your age?



So thankful for these sweet friends and the time we were able to spend together if only for just a couple days.  


And...thankful for grandparents that keep our children so we can getaway every once in a while.  

No comments: