Saturday, November 28, 2015

DECORATED...

Surely I am not the only one that lets out a HUGE sigh of relief once the decorating is done.  It's so much work but once it is done and the boxes are back in the attic, you can actually enjoy it for a couple weeks.  This year I went simple, simple, simple...



I got something new for the front door...Anna Lauren informed me it was SO tacky, but I thought it was fun and it shows up from the street.  Little did I know it was blinking red and green lights...I just assumed clear lights.  It's a bit much but growing on me.


This year we added another stocking...I bought Sam a stocking (have to go get it monogrammed).  I sent her a picture of the mantle and her response was...that makes me so happy!  See...it's not about me...it's about something so little that can make someone so happy. Love opening up our little family and allowing her to be a part.


The tree is by far my least favorite...I get it up and then Matt and the kids are in charge of the ornaments.  Surprisingly, they actually helped him this year.


Nanna added a new little something to our Christmas decorations...we have got to count the days and start our countdown...


May be my most favorite thing...Matt and I have been together on Christmas for 14 years.  Every year we have sent a Christmas card, and I love, love, love pulling out all the cards and displaying them each year.  Each year I find a new way to display them...gets harder the more we get.


Nanna buys the grandsons nutcrackers for Christmas.  Cooper thinks he should play with them like any other toy...so...they are living up high this year.


Anna Lauren decorated her pink tree for her room..


And Cooper was ok with me decorating his tree for his room...



And in the hustle and the bustle of the Christmas season, may we continue to remember the TRUE meaning of Christmas.  Nothing sweeter than listening to Cooper play with this nativity and say all the Bible stories he knows.  Yes, there is Santa and there is fun...but...more than anything I want our children to know and understand why we REALLY celebrate Christmas.

No comments: