Saturday, June 11, 2016

Projects...

Our Spring was super busy, which meant we got behind on projects we usually do late April/early May.  So...last weekend we recovered from being so busy and this weekend we got to work and marked a few things off the outside "to do" list. 


When we bought our house, we inherited this great swing set/play structure for the kids...however, we also inherited a huge play area that requires mulch (sigh).  As you can see in this picture, it was past the point of being time for new mulch.  I started Thursday night pulling out all the weeds...


Three trips to Lowe's and forty-six bags of mulch later...wow!!! Doesn't it look so much better?  


Friday night we cleaned gutters, pulled weeds, trimmed shrubs, and put out fresh pine straw.  Amazing what a difference $20 of pine straw and a little time on your knees makes...



And who doesn't want to be at Lowe's at 8 AM on a Saturday morning with this super cute and fun little kid?  He spent last week at Nanna's and had a BLAST, but I was excited to have him back at home with us!


Finally got some flowers in the window boxes...love pulling in and out of my driveway in the summer and seeing the flowers.


And by no means do I have my mother's green thumb or love for flowers, but I do enjoy a few flowers on my back porch.  

Thankful for a weekend at home and being able to do some much needed projects.  Next weekend we are moving inside where it is cooler...kid closets up next (ugh...not my favorite).

No comments: