Sunday, February 26, 2017

Senior Day...

On February 5th, three of our favorite Millsaps kids had Senior Day.  I have gotten to know these three girls both on and off the court and let me just say, it is going to be hard to watch them leave. They have done just as well in the classroom as on the basketball court, and I couldn't be more proud of them.


We really got involved with women's basketball three years ago and over that three year period it has been so fun to not only get to know the girls but their families too.











They were winning by 20-30 points so the three of them got to sit side by side and just take in all in...their last time on their "home" court.


So special to see the seniors from the previous year come back to support the seniors this year.  It's fun to watch the bonds that these teammates make throughout the years of playing together.



We thoroughly enjoyed watching this group of girls play this season.  As Matt says, it's time to "adopt" a few more of them.  I'm going to see about taking a couple freshmen out to lunch soon and get to know them.  One of the many things I love about my job...the opportunity to get to form relationships with the kids.



Kim's brother went all out for her last game...


And he even painted Cooper's arms...


Not sure who loves these girls more...me or my kids.  Think it is safe to say, we all love them (even Matt)!!!



So thankful to have been a part of their journey, and I couldn't be more proud of them!!!


If you cannot tell, Kala LOVES to aggravate Anna Lauren...they are constantly going at it with each other.  As you can see, Anna Lauren loves every minute of the "attention".

No comments: