Thursday, February 7, 2013

Training For...


Thanks to my supportive husband and encouraging running partner, I am training for my very first full marathon.  Yes, I said FULL marathon...last week I thought I was going to throw up when I registered but this is something I've had in the back of my mind and now just seemed like the "right" time to give it a shot.

After I ran the Blues 1/2 marathon in January, I realized I was 1/2 way trained so why not just continue my training and find a March race?  The date of Georgia just "worked" and it gives us a chance to visit with Matt's sisters and their families in Atlanta for a few days.  I'm a bit concerned about the Georgia hills...but...we'll make the best of it and walk if need be.  I just want to finish!

So until March 17th, I'll continue running, running, running...all the hard work will be worth it when I (hopefully) cross the finish line!

No comments: