Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Christmas Eve...

We had a very calm Christmas Eve, which was nice because we are going to be on the "go" the rest of our Christmas break.  We hung out at home this morning, ate lunch out, I ran to the grocery store, and Matt and the kids did a little last minute shopping.


Anna Lauren and Cooper have been begging to open a present...we FINALLY agreed to let them open their presents from each other this morning.  




They saw these bow and arrows at Sam's and both really wanted one...so...Anna Lauren told me she wanted to get it for Cooper and without her knowing, I let Cooper get her one too (because he doesn't have a clue...or really care for that matter).


I'll be honest...we were completely happy at home and just too lazy to get dressed for church.  So...later on we went to Waffle House for dinner as planned and then came home and listened to Anna Lauren read us the Christmas Story.  As fun and as exciting as Santa and gifts are, I want my kids to know that is not really the reason for Christmas.  I think in the craziness of the season, we can quickly forget the real reason.


This picture makes me smile...despite the way they act 95% of the time, I think they really do love each other!


As always on Christmas Eve, opening their presents from Daddy and Mommy...


This kid is so fun...he was so excited about everything!  He really did want these tennis shoes though...


She loves that she just "knows" what she is going to get...every year it is an ornament, pajamas, and a little something else.


I try to get an ornament that represents something from their year...this year she was really into her pink converse so this ornament just seemed fun!


Cooper was easy...he LOVED soccer (and his cleats) this year!



Not a surprise...she was actually with me when I bought these for her.  But...she has had to wait for them for several weeks so she was so excited to finally have them.


Slippers and pajamas for Cooper...


Pajama pants and fuzzy socks for Anna Lauren...


And it's so funny to me...within minutes, the living room floor looks like this!



Putting out their reindeer food...




And last but not least, a cookie and milk for Santa!


Oh what anxious kids they are...cannot wait to see what Santa brings.  Anna Lauren quickly went to sleep and Cooper, our night owl, is trying his best to go to sleep.  It was a merry Christmas Eve, and we all look forward to Christmas Day!

No comments: