Sunday, August 17, 2014

Our Sweet Nanny's Funeral...

On Saturday, August 2, 2014, we celebrated our sweet Nanny's life. I could type for hours upon hours about our Nanny, but I can sum it up in one word...SPECIAL!  She was "special" to so many...from old to young, she loved all of us to pieces and we knew without a doubt, she was proud of us and loved us all.

I'm so thankful that Barbie snapped a few pictures with her phone...just one last little memory of our Nanny.



We decided to let the kids go...they had LOTS of questions, but Nanny was a big part of their lives, and they wanted to go so we let them, and I'm glad we did.


Nanny loved her girls...BUT...she REALLY, REALLY loved her boys.  She would have had no others carry her casket but these 8. And she would have said, over and over, aren't they so handsome!



Every time I looked at these guys, I cried...like I said, Nanny was so proud of all of us, but especially these eight!  And they all loved her too!  Every single one of them cried...yes, grown men, cried and cried...it was just a sad, sad day!


So glad mom and Uncle Terry included Mark, red head.  He is Anna's boyfriend, and we are pretty confident he will be her husband. 


Although it was a sad day, it was a beautiful day of celebrating Nanny's life...I'm pretty confident mom and Uncle Terry did everything just the way Nanny would have wanted.  






At the end of the graveside service, mom and Uncle Terry gave the immediate six grandchildren a rose from the casket piece to have to always remember our Nanny.  

Again, it was a sad, sad day...but...I'm so thankful Nanny is in heaven with the loved ones who have gone before her and her best little lady friends.  She was tired and ready...we are the selfish ones who will miss her so!

No comments: