Saturday, March 5, 2016

3rd Grade Wax Museum...

Not many school projects excite Anna Lauren...she prefers to just keep school as something "social"...dear Lord, please help us make it through all these years.  

But...last year she found out about the wax museum and has talked about it since then...she couldn't wait to do it this year.


Mia Hamm would probably not have been her pick from the get go, but I convinced her it was a good one.  I knew the board would be fun to make, finding soccer stuff would be super easy, and we could easily find a uniform, cleats, etc.  She finally agreed and got excited about being Mia for the wax museum.


She was all into helping me buy the stuff for the board and designing the board...I cannot say she was into putting everything onto the board.  But...we all know many of these school projects become "parent" projects.




She was determined to have "turf" on her board...luckily I had some in the attic left over from a party we had thrown at Millsaps several years ago.  


Finally...it was the day she had been waiting on...wax museum/Mia Hamm day.  I think she looks like a soccer player...she rolled her eyes and said...I'll stick to cheer.  I tried...ha ha!



Loved watching her say her speech over and over and over...they all did such a great job!


Lines and lines of 3rd graders making history come alive...




Anna Lauren's friend, Daniel, was something else as Elvis.  Anna Lauren had told me he was great when they were practicing and she was right.  He started his speech by singing...so fun!


McKenna was Shirley Temple...



McCarley was Eleanor Roosevelt...



Luke was Babe Ruth...



Ms. Jan is so sweet and was so into her speech...


We were super proud of our 3rd grader...


So...I didn't think through her having to stand for over an hour and say her speech over and over for that hour.  Needless to say, they were all getting a little tired.  Of course, Anna Lauren asked her teacher if she could take a "break" and sit on her ball a few minutes.  She said no and then AL gave her that big sweet please, and she said yes.  Her teacher lets her get away with anything...this kid!

I will be the first to admit that I was dreading this project but it really turned out to be a fun one.  And to make it even better, she made a 100!

No comments: