Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Celebrating "9"...

Anna Lauren's 9th birthday is Sunday, but we celebrated "9" this past Sunday because we will be out of town for cheer on her actual birthday.  This year she decided she did want a "party" and chose to have an art party at our house.



My sweet friend, Leah, always makes the cutest cupcake toppers to match her invitation.


The party was from 3-5 so we just served a "snack"...Anna Lauren wanted cupcakes, brownies, and an ice cream bar.  Easy enough for me!


Cannot really see the jars on the table, but I loved how they turned out...I filled them with bottles of paint and brushes.



Everyone she invited was able to come...she had 11 sweet friends come celebrate with her.


As they arrived, they decorated t-shirts with fabric markers to wear over their clothes to avoid getting paint on their clothes.


Artist at work...


Leah was kind enough to come and be the "art instructor" and guide them through painting a canvas...



Elliot and Cooper were perfectly happy inside playing with nerf guns...




So much fun doing life with these two friends...they are just alike, and I am the total opposite.  They need me as much as I need them...it's a good balance!  And of course, Christy always takes the best pictures at our birthday parties.  Love that she takes them so I can actually sit back and enjoy the party/be a hostess!





Since her birthday is so close to Easter this year, she picked an Easter theme...I thought their bunnies turned out really cute.  The girls however, were really critical of themselves.  That actually surprised me a little...we had a to keep saying, they are SO cute!!!



Present time...may be every kids favorite party of their party! She has some really sweet friends who really spoiled her with super fun birthday presents.






Anna Lauren was so excited to have Aunt Leah at her party...she is Rileigh and Emmy's aunt so Anna Lauren considers her to be her aunt too.


A little "happy birthday" singing fun...




A house full of friends celebrating "9" with you...what more could you want?


And I think every good party at home ends on the trampoline!!!

No comments: