Friday, September 16, 2016

A Day in the Life...

There are a couple of blogs that I read regularly and every once in a while they will do a "day in the life" blog post, and I love to read about their days/see what other families days/routines are like. So...for fun, I decided to do a "day in the life" on Thursday...


Every once in a while, Matt is super dad and does the morning routine all by himself so that I can go into work early.  I try not to make this a habit, but sometimes, there is just more work than I can get done if I don't work a few extra hours.  So...on Wednesday night, I set my alarm for 4:30 AM.


I actually snoozed once so it was 4:41 AM when I got out of bed...


Back in February, I decided to set my alarm 10 minutes earlier in order to have a few minutes each morning to have a little quite time.  This has been one of the best decisions I have ever made. I take my shower first to just "wake up" and then I sit in my closet and have a quite time before anyone even wakes up.  So funny how God works...many mornings what I read will be exactly what I need to read on that particular day.


I made sure everything Matt and the kids needed was on the table so they could just grab and go...


At 5:59 AM, I backed out of my garage...


Of course, I stopped by Sonic for my Diet Coke and was sitting at my desk ready to start my work day at 6:29 AM...


See the stacks on my desk...that is why I was at work early...I do not like stacks...that means the "to do" list is long.  


Around 9:30 AM, I was still sitting in the same place, but I was starving because I ate a Cliff Bar at 6 AM on my way to work.  So out came the banana and peanut butter.


On Thursdays, I work through lunch so that I can leave at 3:30 PM. Therefore, Thursdays are just a long day of sitting at my desk pretty much all day without a break.


I did need to get out for a minute though, so I did the "walk of shame" and returned all these cups to the cafeteria.  



I'm so glad I walked across campus when I did because I ran into this sweet kid.  I had heard earlier that morning that his dad had passed away on Monday.  I had sent him a text, but I had thought about him/his mom all morning.  As I was walking back across campus, I ran into him, and we had a nice visit.  Just made me feel better to see his face and know he is "ok"...


And maybe I got more Diet Coke from the cafeteria...I have a problem...I know this!!!


At 3:30 PM, I made "neat" stacks on my desk and called it a day...it would have to wait until Friday.


Picking up this little man from school just makes me smile...he told me he drew Millsaps and would I please take it to the baseball coach so he could give it to the baseball players?  Oh the sweetness!


We pulled in the garage at 4:25...we had about 30 minutes to "re-group"...


Anna Lauren had cheer at 5:30 and Cooper had soccer at 5:30...and Matt, well, he had a football game.  Thankfully, I have a cheer mom friend that takes Anna Lauren on Thursdays for me.


And you know...mom, I have to climb this tree...just real quick!!!


4:57 PM and back in the car...will take Anna Lauren to friend and then head to the soccer field.


Cooper and I have made it to his soccer practice...



Honestly, I have a hard time "wasting" an hour or two while they practice.  So...while he practiced, I made cupcake toppers for a party at work the next day.


Project done...


Soccer practice still going...


So...I pulled out my next project.  I needed to cut out his birthday invitations.


After practice, Cooper played with his friends a few minutes...


We got home just in time to ride his bike for a few minutes while we waited on sister to be dropped off...



While waiting on sister, I checked on two of my Millsaps girls applying to vet school.  Their applications were due Thursday.


While the kids took baths, I warmed up some pulled pork.  This night I was super thankful for leftovers...


Then I sat down with these cuties and had a quick dinner...


It was then time to sign papers and pack everything for the next day...I loved signing "doing great"...


And 100s...


Around 8:30 PM, little girl asked me to tuck her in bed.  She is tired at night...her days and long!!!


I finished up packing backpacks and lunchboxes...


While I was finishing up everything, this little guy fell sound asleep in my bed.  If we can just get him still, he will crash.  Kindergarten is exhausting...


Around 9:30 PM, I got in bed and worked on the invitations some more...


Not long after I got in bed, my favorite football referee came home...


I worked on invitations, talked to Matt, and set my alarm for 4:30 AM again (needed one more early morning at work).  At 10:52 PM, I called it a day.

That is a day in the life...I think it will be interesting to look back at this one day.  And...it's crazy to really look at your day and see what all you truly do each day.  This is for sure a typical week day!!!  

No comments: