Monday, January 15, 2018

Cheersport in Biloxi...

Last Saturday we went to Biloxi for Anna Lauren's cheer competition...


But first, we watched this little sports loving boy of ours play basketball.  We were oh so thankful their schedules worked out so we didn't have to divide and conquer.  He played in Brandon at 8 AM, and Anna Lauren had to be in Biloxi at 1 PM.  All the high fives that it worked in our favor!!!


Carsyn and McCarley were just making it a day trip so they met us at Matt's parents so they could all get ready together...


I was telling Matt that Carsyn may just be my favorite...she is so laid back/chill, she is not loud, she is never disrespectful, she will call Anna Lauren out in a second, talks to her parents with respect, and just an all around good kid.  


Nothing makes this kid happier than her uniform, a ponytail with a big bow, and some red lipstick...


Pretty sure I've said it more times than we could count, but again, I never thought I would have a cheerleader.  However, I couldn't be more proud.  The amount of hard work she puts into this sport and never complains about the long hours in the gym, the exhausting weekends on the road competing, having to do homework/study late at night, not getting to eat dinner with her family many nights, etc...


I typically never watch her compete without holding my camera in my hand, but I decided to just watch the whole squad instead of just Anna Lauren through my camera lens.  Therefore, I had to steal Matt's pictures...he captures the whole squad, and I get Anna Lauren.








Club Zero...way to go, girls!!!


This was a big deal because this was NOT the case at their last competition...hard work and practice pay off!


So...they got first place at the competition because there wasn't anyone else in their division.  However, they really went to the competition with hopes of getting this bid...and they did!!!  They had the highest score of all "youth" at the competition, which got them this bid.  All this to say, her squad is headed to Disney the first of May to compete at The Summit.  Besides the expense of the trip, we are all super excited for Anna Lauren and her squad.

No comments: