Friday, August 26, 2016

Homework for Mom...

Not sure about you, but I don't love when those blank pieces of paper come home with instructions for something awesome to be created.  They should really just send it straight to the parents and say, "would you make this for your child"?


Last weekend I had what I call "mom homework".  I had to "decorate" this paper doll for Cooper.  I asked Cooper what he wanted his paper doll to look like, and he quickly said, an army man.  So...off to Hobby Lobby I went...


While I was making said army man, Cooper walked by several times and said..."wow, that is cool, mommy".  The last time he passed through he decided he wanted to help.  What perfect timing he had...there was one thing left to do...draw the mouth.


My next thought was...this kid had NO interest and now that I have it completely done he wants me to hand him a sharpie to mess the whole thing up.


But...I did it...I let him draw the mouth/trace a pencil line I had drawn.


I thought it turned out pretty cute for a mom that is not creative/artistic at all.  And the mouth may just be the best because he did it all by himself!


What really matters is that he was SUPER proud and couldn't wait to take it to school and show all his friends.  And it just so happened he was playing "army" while I was making his paper doll so perfect for picture taking.  The paper doll looks just like our Cooper to me!

No comments: