Sunday, August 14, 2016

Twas the Night Before School...

As Anna Lauren and Cooper get older, the more I appreciate summer.  It's much slower pace, fewer activities, no packing bags/lunches at night (at least for Anna Lauren), etc.  However, that all changed last Sunday night and I was quickly reminded how important my Sunday afternoons are in order to prepare for the week.  And the time it takes to get everything organized for the week. At our house, this is what the "night before school" and "all nights during school" look like...


Everything laid out and ready to start the crock pot the next morning...we eat many a meals that are cooked in the crock pot.


Lunches packed for all three of us...thankfully Matt packs his own.


Way different preparing a boy for back to school versus a girl...BUT...I did mange to throw in a few cute/monogrammed things for Cooper that I think still look like a boy.


Bags are packed...again, Matt is on his own...ha ha!


See what I mean...way different with girls.  But oh my...look how cute!!!


And last but not least clothes all picked out for the next day...

Alarms were set and the kids took several hours to fall asleep...pretty sure it was at least eleven before both of them crashed.  There was excitement, and I'm pretty sure some nerves...for them as well as momma.

No comments: