Tuesday, December 20, 2016

2nd Cheer Competition - Southern Championship in Birmingham...

We spent Sunday, December 11th in Birmingham for Anna Lauren's 2nd cheer competition of the season.  Her squad was one of 8 in their division, and they walked away with 3rd place.  Maybe not Anna Lauren, but Matt and I are always pleased if they can stay within top three in their division.


Surprisingly, I did not take my camera.  Think this may have been the 2nd time in five years of cheer that I have not taken my camera, but I decided to just sit back and watch this particular day.  I always watch her through my camera lens so it was a nice change.  So...the next pictures are compliments of Matt...he gets the whole squad/I get Anna Lauren...












Anna Lauren and McKenna...ALL of Anna Lauren's school friends cheer at Dynamite...like 6 or 8 of them.  We are NEVER at the same competitions.  However, this day we were, and we actually competed in the same division.  Several days before the competition Matt had a talk with Anna Lauren about winning/losing against friends.  We couldn't have been more proud of how she handled it...she did not say one thing to them about beating them.  She even told them good job.  Cannot ask her to do anything more...


At times, cheer can be quite intense (even looking at a schedule)...ha ha!

We will have a quick little break to enjoy the holidays and then right back at it the first of January.  

No comments: