Sunday, May 17, 2009

Bently's Dedication...

Today we got to be a part of a very special day for my brother, Joey, and his family...they had baby dedication at their church for their daughter, Bently. These are the times that I am so glad we are only an hour away from my family...we can easily make Brookhaven / McComb a day trip and get to see our nieces and nephews at most of their "special" events. We struggle with not being able to be a part of a lot of things that go on with Matt's family...but...Atlanta and back cannot be done in a day so we have to make do with seeing them a couple times a year.

This is of them in front of the church...Barbie, Joey, Ashton, and sweet Bently...

Ok...so at lunch we attempted to get a picture of all 5 of the kids, but of course, our Anna Lauren was having no part of that because that is what everyone wanted her to do. So...we opted to take the picture with mommy and all the kiddos. Ignore my eye...we are passing pink eye around at our house...yuck!

Left to Right: Joey (brother), Reid (my brother Brad's son), Bently and Ashton (Joey's kids), Jake (my brother Brad's son), Anna Lauren, and Mandi

Anna Lauren and Bently in their high chairs at lunch...Anna Lauren did a little of both...sitting in the high chair like Bently and then sitting in a "big" chair like the "big" kids. And...she made sure to embarrass us at lunch. My nephews took her outside to play and she came running back through the restaurant screaming..."I poo pooed, I poo pooed"...I think everyone just ducked their heads as I got up, got her bag, and walked with her to the bathroom.

Ashton and Bently with their grandmothers...my mom on left and Barbie's mom on right...

What a beautiful family...I'm telling you, Bently was a trooper...she smiled and laughed the entire day! She is just darling! Unfortunately, I couldn't hold her today due to the pink eye, but I cannot wait to get my hands on her Memorial Day!


And I just love this shot of my mom with Bently...they were just laughing and playing having the best time!

1 comment:

FIND A GRAVEMARKER said...

Great blog, thank you for posting and creating it. Have a great day.