Sunday, May 10, 2009

The Best Gifts...

Not that I do not "love" the cards, flowers, manicure and pedicure gift certifcate that Matt and Anna Lauren got me for Mother's Day...but...I have quickly learned the "best" gifts are the ones Anna Lauren makes herself.

On Friday, we had "Muffins with Mom" at school and then Anna Lauren gave me a present. Yes, they made these adorable door mats at school. The flowers are her hands, the butterfly is her feet, the grass is her fingers, and the sun is her fist. Anna Lauren loves to talk about the mat and tell me exactly how she made it, who helped her, etc. She is so proud of herself and wow...what a special gift I will always cherish!


I've had a wonderful Mother's Day with my family, and I hope you have as well. From time to time, I forget it is "my" day too...I just want to celebrate with my mother. I mean, am I really a mother? That is so hard to believe!

And to our mothers...thank you for all you have done for us! Matt and I would not be who we are today if it had not been our mothers who raised us the way kids should be raised today. It seems as if parents don't instill the same morals in their children that our parents did, and I appreciate the example that both of our parents set for us. I can only hope that I am the mother to Anna Lauren that my mom and Matt's mom were to the two of us. Wow...that is going to be hard to follow...makes me nervous!

1 comment:

Christie said...

Mandi~
I talked to Jennifer today and she told me that she knew you and Matt and said wonderful things about ya'll. I think she wanted to assure me that I was leaving Raylin in great hands on Sundays, but I never had any doubts. We have enjoyed Ridgecrest so I definitely think we will continue coming. I just pray that it gets easier for Raylin. Thank you for putting up with her separation anxiety!