Saturday, May 16, 2009

Soak Up the Sun...

Matt and I competed in Soak Up the Sun (250 yard swim, 8 mile bike, and 2 mile run) this morning, and I must say...we were very pleased and considered it to be a good race! We both met the goals we had set for ourselves, which always makes for a good day of racing!

Our cheerleader, Anna Lauren...however, she was not much of a cheerleader once she spotted the playground. Many thanks goes out to Nanna (my mom) who kept up with her while we were racing...mom missed seeing us race, but Anna Lauren had a great time swinging and of course, playing with my nephews, Reid and Jake!

Waiting in line to start the swim...we actually started behind each other, which is very unusual. Usually the "race" dictates where you start, but we were able to line up ourselves so we got to start together. However, we didn't stay together long...Matt is a much better swimmer and biker than me.

Matt going into the water...I love this picture with his knee up...cool shot thanks to my nephew Reid who took all the pictures for us today.

Coming out of the water...not sure what is up with the look on my face...I guess I was focusing on getting out and transitioning to the bike.

Me having a little discussion with the race volunteer...he wanted me to ride my bike all the way to the line, but does he not know I have already unclipped my bike shoes, and I need to get off before I bust my tail? I'm getting better in my shoes, but I am still pretty nervous clipping in and out / starting and stopping.
Matt going out on the run...thanks Mandy for taking a few pictures for us...we were so proud of your Matt...he had a great 1st race!

Matt running to the finish line...good job, Matthew! You always make me proud!

Me finishing the race...can you tell...I just love it...it really is so much fun!

I'm so glad our friend Mandy thought to take this picture...Anna Lauren decided to "cheer" just a second at the end...and then she was right back to the playground!

Enough is enough...getting up at 5 AM, watching Mommy and Daddy race, playing on the playground, and playing in the water...it was a hard morning for our little cheerleader, but she seemed to have a great time! This afternoon she had to work on her bike and then go for a ride...it is all she knows...maybe one day she will want to do a triathlon!
And do not worry about Matt...he agreed for Anna Lauren to wear her "mommy" shirt since she wore her "daddy" shirt to his last race.

No comments: