Wednesday, May 20, 2009

From Tears to Smiles...

And here goes the "swim school" update you have all been waiting for...

Yesterday marked the 3rd week of Anna Lauren's 16 weeks of Maley Swim School. Her sweet teacher gets her all dressed for swim so I can just pick her up and head to swim because we are somewhat pushing it for time. This was our conversation beginning at daycare:

Anna Lauren: Mommy, I want to change clothes. I want my dress back on...

Mommy: Anna Lauren, we will put your dress back on after you swim...don't you want to go swim?

Anna Lauren: NO...I don't like it, which continued all the way there (about a 10 minute ride). She continued screaming "I don't like it" the whole way there.

Mommy: Come on...let's go inside and swim with your friends

Anna Lauren: NO...I don't like it! Change clothes!

So...you can see from our conversation, she was not the happiest of campers as we entered Maley's. Therefore, I had a discussion with Ms. Maley. We decided to give her one last chance to go into a class without parents and if she continued to scream we would change her to a different class where Matt or I could get in the pool with her. Needless to say, she didn't give up her screaming that she didn't want to swim so we opted to change her to a different class, which meets on Wednesday.

And so this was our conversation today from daycare to Maley's:

Anna Lauren: I go swim, I go swim with Daddy (I had a hair appointment so Matt agreed to swim today...we will take turns swimming with her)

Mommy: Are you going to get in the water and swim with Daddy?

Anna Lauren: YEAH! I slide, I kick feet, I blow bubbles...Daddy slide?

Mommy: I'm not sure the slide is big enough for Daddy, but I bet he'll try!

Anna Lauren: I go swim with Daddy, I go swim with Daddy, I go swim with Daddy...over and over and over. We got to the pool where Daddy was waiting and she jumped into his arms and off they went...both of them all smiles!

She had a great time...Matt said she loved every minute of it and did everything they wanted her to do. With this being said, maybe she is still a "baby" that still needs her mommy and daddy...sometimes that is a good feeling because my oh my they grow up so fast!

And so we end with smiles instead of tears, which was our whole point of swim school...we just wanted her to enjoy the water and have a good time!

No comments: