Sunday, May 31, 2009

Monthly Grocery Shopping...

Since Matt and I got married, I have always grocery shopped once a month. I thought that I may have to change that once we had Anna Lauren, but thankfully it is still working for us. The complicated part is that it takes several hours to do the project and as Anna Lauren has gotten older, it has gone from a Matt and Mandi project to just a Mandi project. But we got brave and gave it a test yesterday...we had "family" shopping day at Wal-Mart.

And some may say I'm a push over, but I was willing to do just about anything to keep Anna Lauren in the buggy and cooperating so we could do our shopping. When we got home, Matt and I got tickled as to what it took to make it through the store so I thought I would share what had to happen in order to do the monthly grocery shopping:
  • Arrive at Wal-Mart ~ ride the carousel so she will agree to get into the buggy
  • Get a box of Band-Aids so she can stick them all over her bo-bos (she has them all over her body according to her
  • Get individual stick of cheese for a snack
  • Go back and get another individual stick of cheese (still hungry)
  • Get a bag of Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and eat 5 to 10
  • Get a box of Teddy Grahams
  • Oh wait...no Teddy Grahams...Daddy has a Diet Pepsi
  • Eat some "free" ice cream they are giving away
  • Ride the carousel on the way out
  • Go to Chick-fil-A and play (not eat...she had lunch at Wal-Mart) because she was such a good girl
Oh my...I think I'm better off going to the grocery store after she goes to bed at night...

2 comments:

K Storm said...

You may find it is easier and cheaper to shop without her!! But I know you take such delight including that sweet girl!

Unknown said...

Hilarious!! I always prefer to shop alone. It is quite interesting with two, but I do it on occassions when it's a must and always give parker something to eat while doing it. Of course with two, I can hardly see over the buggy to drive and don't have much room in cart due to child being there too!!